Early Years Area SENCo (Special Educational Needs Coordinator)
The Early Years Area Special Educational Needs Coordinators are a team consisting of specialist consultants. The role of the team is to:
- provide advice and guidance to early years providers on the development of inclusive learning environments.
- to help make links between education, health and social care by signposting to appropriate agencies.
- to facilitate early provision for children with special educational needs and disabilities and their transition to compulsory schooling.
Who can use your service?
Staffordshire early years settings including private, voluntary, independent and school nurseries.
How do I request support?
The setting-based Special Educational Needs Coordinators can request support from the team for individual children who are causing concern due to developmental delay.
The Special Educational Needs Coordinator must obtain parental permission & fully complete the request for support pro-forma and return to the inbox: email@example.com
The setting needs to have started the process of ‘Assess, Plan, Do, Review.
How we can help
Following the request for support the early years area Special Educational Needs Coordinator:
- can offer advice and strategies to help.
- may signpost the settng to other agencies for support.
- will refer children that are displaying significant/ongoing develomental delay to the Early Years Forum.
- monitor children in the preschool setting and report on their involvement to the Early Years Forum.
Who to contact
- Service is Free
- Free to users
- The service is free at point of delivery, it is commissioned by Staffordshire County Council (Training is charged)