We provide specialist training, development and support for staff in mainstream schools so that they are better equipped to help children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
The service is available to mainstream schools and settings with children whose needs can be described as complex and where a school or setting would benefit from specialist advice, usually in the short term, on how best to support them.
We can help those with children that have:
- Complex needs in the area of cognition and learning
- Profound and multiple learning difficulties
- Communication and interaction difficulties or diagnosed Autistic Spectrum Conditions
- Severe and long term emotional, social and behavioural difficulties
The Outreach Support offer includes:
- training on specific teaching strategies to address particular needs;
- drop-in sessions, (usually on a half-termly basis), for discussion and problem solving;
- support in the assessment of pupil needs;
- observation of pupils and suggested interventions;
- advice on current practice, including sharing concerns, enabling more successful planning for individual pupils;
- observation and feedback to teachers and support staff;
- in-reach visits to Rocklands school for staff to observe lessons and work alongside identified staff on specific issues;
- advice on differentiation to enable pupils to access the curriculum to their full potential;
- support with communication needs;
- identification of appropriate resources;
- advice around specialist materials and equipment.
Referring a child
A school or setting can make a referral by contacting the school and completing the request for outreach support paperwork.
In making a request, the school or setting will need to identify a named person and allow time for the named person to liaise with the Outreach Worker.
If the request is agreed, the Outreach Worker and the named person will draw up a Proposal of Support outlining the type, level, frequency and duration of input – which will usually be up to 8 sessions.
Monitoring and Evaluation
Monitoring and evaluation is built into the process. Feedback from the school or setting will be requested at the end of each period of outreach involvement.
Request Support:/further information
Please contact Jane Elliker, Deputy Headteacher/Outreach Manager,
Rocklands School, Purcell Avenue, Lichfield, WS13 7PH.
Email: email@example.com or telephone 01543 548700
Who to contact
Where to go
- Rocklands School
- WS13 7PH Get Directions (This link opens in a new tab)
- Service is Free
- Below is a suggestion of charges Support/Package Duration: Tailored to meet the needs of individual schools Venue: Rocklands School/ Applicant(s) school Target Audience: All staff in EYFS/Key Stage 1/2 Cost: £60 per hour; £170 ½ day (3 hours); £300 full day (6 hours); £200 (2 hours) Twilight. All costs are for 1 person to deliver.
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Support offered to any primary school in the county.
- Have staff or volunteers been DBS (CRB) checked?