Staffordshire County Council Trading Standards
Staffordshire Trading Standards provide guidance to Staffordshire businesses and consumer protection. Ensuring a safe, healthy and secure environment, protecting vulnerable adults.
Since 2016 Staffordshire Trading Standards have installed 6 call blockers to protect older and vulnerable pople, so far 714 nuisance calls have been blocked, and we operate a confidential tip-off line to protect those vulnerable within our community.
Staffordshire Trading Standards in partnership with the National Trading Standards Scams Team is committed to protecting the people of Staffordshire through empowering communities.
Services we provide:
Age Restricted Sales: information on the sale of age-restricted goods.
Reporting counterfeit goods: Fight the Fakes and resources for spotting and reporting fake goods.
Information about scams: Information about Cyber-crime, fraud and doorstep crime.
The trader register: Search for traders or see how to register as a trader yourself.
Business support: See how we can help your business.
Animal health: Protecting animals from diseases and unnecessary suffering.
Measuring standards: Requirements for measuring goods for sale.
Food standards: Requirements for the composition, labelling and packaging of food.
Explosives licenses: Application and guidance for fireworks and explosives.
Alcohol licenses: Premises license and our role in reviewing licenses.
Petroleum licenses: Application and guidance documents for petroleum storage.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Staffordshire County Council Public Protection
- 0300 111 8002 0300 111 8002
- Staffordshire County Council Trading Standards
- Scan to visit this website
Trading Standards is not an advice service, if you are seeking consumer advice please contact Citizens Advice on 0808 223 1133 for help with the following:
- To report unfair or illegal business and trading practices
- To find out your rights when buying goods and services
- For help when things go wrong
- To report unsafe, mis-described or counterfeit goods including food
- If you are concerned about a friend, relative or neighbour who is being scammed.