Skip to main content

Adult learning disability team - employment support

We work in partnership to ensure that people who need support are able to maintain and maximise independence, this may include employment support.

Who can use the service?

Anyone over 18 with a learning disability or autism spectrum condition.

Are there any costs?

There are no costs for advice, guidance or assessment but there may be a future contribution to care costs required dependent on individual circumstances.

How can I refer?

Under 18

If you are under 18 and already receiving a support package, the children’s service should contact the adults team to transfer responsibility for your support.

18 or over

If you are 18 or coming up to 18 and not in receipt of any services please contact Staffordshire Cares on:
Phone: 0300 111 8010
Text/SMS: (for people with a hearing impairment) 07814 194 111
Minicom: 01785 276207

What happens after referral?

You will speak to an agent who will take some details and offer advice and guidance. If you need further support you will be called by a social care practitioner who will carry out an assessment over the phone and offer further advice and guidance.

If you require face to face support you will be referred to the supporting independence service. They will come and visit to discuss the support you need. This could include support with developing your independence skills or employment.

How do I find out more?

More information is available on our care and support web pages.

Last updated: 06 May 2020
Is this information correct?
Back to top