Anxiety and School Refusal Specialist Education: Wribbenhall School, Ages 5-11 Years.
Wribbenhall School is a Select Specialist Primary School supporting children with Social Emotional and Mental Health conditions. We cater for children with Anxiety, School Phobia and other co-occurring conditions. This may include Dyslexia and Autism but not Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and Pathological Demand Avoidance. We have only four places, and our school room is based in our home, which de-escalates school-based anxiety. We are DfE registered and Ofsted inspected and draw on aspects of Montessori and Steiner methodology. Pupils experience a highly differentiated programme of personalised education, that is centred on nurturing and academic choice.
Our enabling environment provides a calm, nurturing, therapeutic centre, where we support children in resolving their anxiety and developing ways to overcome negative feelings. Through therapeutic practices we develop listening, cognition and discussion to help children change their behaviour in social and academic environments. This is formally assessed in line with the National Curriculum to support reintegration in to mainstream schools where possible.
Our friendly dog Daisy contributes to the therapeutic environment in the classroom and offsite. We have educational links with outside teaching organisations and educational support and therapy providers. We are located next to the countryside and have easy access to the Wyre Forest and Rhydd Covert, both Sites of Special Scientific Interest and of historical interest.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Ellis Wells
- Contact Position
- Wribbenhall School
- Wribbenhall School
Our initial contact preference is via our website or by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by Facebook Messenger. Please let us know how to contact you in return.
Where to go
- Wribbenhall School
- DY12 Get Directions (This link opens in a new tab)
The school has places for only four children and is based in our home. This provides a calm and therapeutic environment for children with anxiety. We also have Daisy and Skipper our therapy pets and easy access to the countryside.
- Service is Free
- For Parents: Funding may be provided through discussion with your local Authority. Our name can be added to your child's Education and Health Care Plan (EHCP), through negotiation with your local authority. For Local Authority Departments and Schools: Part time and full time temporary placements can be arranged. Please see the list of charges in document below. Transport between home and school is not provided.
- Referral Details
We accept initial enquiries from anyone via email, Facebook Messenger or the inquiry form on our website.
- Other notes
We provide Specialist Education for SEMH children aged 5-11 years, who are too anxious to attend schools and other establishments. Our Key Pupil Profile states the main issues that we are able to/not able to provide for.
- Social phobia (including school phobia)
This may include any number of these issues:-
- Selective Mutism
- Panic disorder
- Separation anxiety (including school refusal)
- Attachment Disorder
- Suicidal thoughts and behaviour
- Other, co-occurring conditions may also be present in our target children.
Specifically Excluded Profiles include but are not limited to:-
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Behavioural, Emotional and Social Difficulties
- Moderate, Severe, and Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties
- Pathological Demand Avoidance
- Oppositional Defiance Disorder
- Conduct Disorder
Each child’s application will be considered, by the proprietor, on an individual basis, taking into consideration the attributes of the current pupils. No previous outcomes can be considered a precedent or guide to future decisions made by the proprietor. This decision will be based on information received from the pupil’s current placement, information on their EHCP, Information from professionals who have assessed the pupil and an interview with the child and their parent(s)/family.