Aiming High - Gartmore Riding School -**FULL**Group session for EXPERIENCED RIDERS with GOOD CONCENTRATION AND COPING SKILLS - For those who need to travel a distance: Burton on Trent/Newcastle and the Moorlands
60-minute (one-hour) Group session for EXPERIENCED RIDERs with good CONCENTRATION and COPING skills. This is also aimed at families who have to travel greater distances to join our sessions and for whom a 60-minute lesson is more suited. The time will be agreed once families have signed up.
Saturday 20th January 2024
Time to be agreed once families have signed up
Gartmore Riding School
6 SEND children/young people aged 5 - 19 years.
These sessions will include a riding session which can be adapted to each young person’s needs
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Aiming High
- To book places on Aiming High activities please call 0300 111 8007 (option 2, then option 5) To book places on Aiming High activities please call 0300 111 8007 (option 2, then option 5)
A maximum of two parents and/or carers per child with SEND needs can attend. Parents/carers must stay for any 1:1 session booked in case their child/young person needs support. They must also be responsible for any siblings who come.
A maximum of two siblings per person with SEND needs can attend. Siblings must be pre-booked with the booking team. There will be no pony riding for siblings.
Gartmore recommend that participants bring any medication that they may need. Unfortunately, Gartmore are unable to administer it, so parents/carers will need to do this if required. Gartmore also do not have the training or facilities to offer personal care.
Where to go
- Gartmore Riding School
Gartmore Riding School
- WS7 0JT
Please arrive ten minutes before the start of the session so that we can fit a hat and boots. All riders and families to wait in the tack room until we come and collect you for your session.
Please note that we may be running a little late because of unforeseen circumstances/ other riders’ needs. Please be patient with us.
We will ask parents/carers to complete pre-riding consent forms when they are with us. These must be completed with full details of all needs so that we can adapt for individual requirements
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Saturday 20 January 2024
- Time of day
- Session Information
To be confirmed
- Age Ranges
- 5 - 19 years
- Referral required
- Referral Details
We will ask parents and carers to complete pre-riding consent form when they are with us.
- Other notes
Young people with medically diagnosed conditions must have written permission from a qualified member of their Multi-Disciplinary Team to confirm that they are allowed to ride, and details of any medical restrictions must be shared with us prior to any sessions taking place.
Please be fully open with the Booking Team about all special needs.
When attending an activity session, we ask parents/carers to adhere to our code of conduct:
- Only parents or carers may enter the premises with their child/children. Please do not bring other adults onto the premises.
- Please keep within the allocated areas on the premises as guided by staff.
- We would request that parents/carers stay for at least the first session to support your child and any requirements they may have.
- For parents/carers who drop off their child and do not stay for the session, please return to the premises promptly at the session finish time to collect your child/children.
- A rider’s registration form must be completed in full for each child who attends the course.
- Any special needs or requirements for your child must be fully disclosed. Any information you provide will be treated with confidentiality.
- Parents/carers must not take photographs at any time anywhere on the premises until we have sought permission for all attendees.
- We will provide suitable opportunities for photographs to be taken. These must not be shared on social media of any kind. This is part of our safeguarding of all people who come to us and our staff and volunteers.
- Please provide your feedback directly to us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not post reviews on commercial sites as we do not monitor these.
- Have staff or volunteers been DBS (CRB) checked?