Skip to main content

Careers Advice

Our main website offers some helpful information with regard to:

The governments’ website provides some useful information on career skills and training

There are helpful young people’s factsheets on the Entrust website. These cover areas such as job hunting, choosing your options, work experience and voluntary work.

What do we do?

Schools and post 16 education providers should support young people to develop high aspirations about employment, independent living and community participation, preparing them for their next stage of education/training and into adult life.

Maintained schools, academies, pupil referral units, further education colleges and providers are required to provide impartial careers guidance to all students from year 8 up to, and including, the age of 18, and for 19-25 year olds with Education, Health and Care Plans.

Where pupils have Education, Health and Care Plans, their annual reviews must, from year 9 at the latest, include a focus on adulthood, including employment. Schools should ensure these reviews are informed by good careers guidance.

Who can use the service?

Young people in Year 8 up to age 18 or up to 25 if you have an Education, Health and Care Plan.

Are there any costs?


How can I refer?

Ask your education provider for more details of the guidance available to you.

What happens when I become an adult?

You can contact the National Careers Service for further advice.

How do I find out more?

Ask your education provider for more details of the guidance available to you.

You can also look at the National Careers Service website.

Last updated: 11 Jun 2019
Is this information correct?
Back to top