DEAFvibe supports people with a hearing and dual sensory loss as well as their families, friends and carers in Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent.
We offer a hub which provides access to:
- one-to-one support in relation to your hearing loss, hearing aids & maintenance, coping strategies & emotional support, dealing with communication barriers in the home, socially and at work and much more!
- a range of equipment on display i.e. amplified telephones & doorbells, alarm clocks, loop systems for the TV, alarms for Deaf people and much more – this allows individuals to try out equipment before buying direct from equipment suppliers!
- advice & support to those people who have mild – moderate hearing loss and are no longer able to access free NHS Hearing Aids.
- support if you have find it hard to understand written letters or have problems in accessing services due to discrimination.
No Appointments Needed. The HUB is held on the 1st and 3rd Friday of every month from 10am until 3pm at Bradwell Lodge Community Centre, Bradwell Lane, Porthill, Newcastle under Lyme ST5 8PS.
DEAFvibe also provide:
- A monthly Café. Family and Friends are welcome. Held every 2nd Saturday of each month from 9.30am - 1pm at Bradwell Lodge Community Centre, Bradwell Lane, Porthill, Newcastle under Lyme ST5 8PS
- The VIBE - Visually Inclusive by Everyone - an informal peer to peer support group for deaf, hard of hearing and deafened people - every Wednesday during term times from 6pm - 8pm. Learn sign language in a fun way, explore lipreading and communication strategies as well as finding acceptance in your deafness. Everyone welcome!
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Alison France
- Contact Position
- Founder and Secretary
- 07923 489800 - Text / telephone (leave a message speaking clearly and at a steady pace) 07923 489800 - Text / telephone (leave a message speaking clearly and at a steady pace)
- DEAFvibe UK
- Scan to visit this website
Contact DEAFvibe via text message or via email.
You will require a warm welcome and if you enter as a stranger you will leave as a friend.
Rest assured DEAFvibe will help and support you in the best possible way and if we don’t know - we know who can help / support. So don’t hesitate to approach us.
Where to go
- Bradwell Lodge Community Centre (this is our base address only - see separate postal address above)
Newcastle under Lyme
- ST5 8PS
Fully accessible venue with:
Disabled Car Parking Bay
- £2.00 per session
- The monthly Cafe and the weekly HUB has a charge of £2 to support DEAFvibe with room hire costs.
- Referral required
- Referral Details
If you are Deaf, hard of Hearing, Deafened or Deafblind - DEAFvibe are able to support you with referrals to your GP for Audiology Services, to specialist Deaf Counselling Services and to Social Care & Health (Social Services). Where appropriate, we can refer you to the Staffordshire Countywide Sensory Team for an assessment of need.
- Have staff or volunteers been DBS (CRB) checked?