*Everyone Health NHS Health Checks
CALL US TO BOOK IN FOR YOUR FREE NHS HEALTH CHECK ON: 03330 050095 OR CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP NOW
WHAT IS AN NHS HEALTH CHECK?
We’re all at risk of developing strokes, kidney disease, diabetes and heart disease as well as certain forms of dementia and an NHS Health Check can predict what your chances of developing these conditions are and, with this forewarning, help you take steps to prevent them.
It’s a well-known fact that, as you get older, your risk of developing certain conditions such as heart disease, dementia and type 2 diabetes increases, but there are other factors that can increase your risks of suffering from these illnesses.
These include being overweight, being inactive, eating unhealthily, smoking, drinking too much alcohol alongside having high blood pressure and cholesterol. Everyone is at risk of developing these conditions and having one increases the risk of you getting another in the future. By having your FREE NHS Health Check, you can nip certain conditions in the bud and prevent yourself from developing any in the future
WHAT DOES A HEALTH CHECK INVOLVE?
The NHS Health Check is available to all adults in Staffordshire aged between 40 and 74. It only takes around 20 or 30 minutes and it will involve answering certain questions, having your blood pressure and cholesterol levels checked, as well as recording your height, weight, age, sex and ethnicity. Results are given during the appointment, and you will be able to take away your results card.
WHO WILL HAVE THIS CHECK?
Everyone aged between 40 and 74 who has not been diagnosed with any of these conditions is eligible for this FREE check and will be invited every five years.
You’ll be given personalised advice on how best to stay healthy and reduce your risks and taken through precisely what your results may mean.
If you have slightly raised blood pressure then you may have to have your kidneys tested via a further blood test, while another test may be required to check for type 2 diabetes.
As a result of your Health Check, you may be prescribed treatment or medication to help maintain your health by your GP.
Find us at:
- Friday 10am – 12pm Silverdale Library, High Street
- Friday 1-5pm - rotating clinic between: Green Treehouse Community Café, Biddulph / Talke GP Surgery/ Newcastle Library
Thursday 4pm – 6pm Carlton Pharmacy – 118 Calais Road, Burton Upon Trent DE130UW
Friday 10am - 12pm Hope Springs Church – Moseley Street Burton Upon Trent DE141DR
- Monday 10.30am - 12pm St Barbara House, John Till Close, Rugeley
- Tuesday 9am - 12pm Cannock hospital, Brunswick Road
- Tuesday 1pm - 5pm Rugeley Community Centre, Rugeley
- Wednesday 9.30am - 11.30pm Gymophobics Stafford, 20a Grey Friars, Stafford / Gymophobics Rugeley, 3 Market St, Rugeley
- Friday Stafford hospital - fortnightly
- Monday 1pm – 4.30 Tamworth Library, B79 7DN
- Monday 9am – 12.30pm Stoney Delph Health Centre, B77 4JA
- Tuesday 9am – 10.30am Burntwood Library, WS7 2BX
- Wednesday 9.15am-1pm Curborough Community Centre, WS13 7NY