Skip to main content

Special educational needs and disability support in colleges

Information about special educational needs support in colleges.

Our extra help page can tell you more about specialist services that settings can contact.

Adapting the curriculum and/or environment in colleges

Please see our page on adapting the curriculum and/or environment in colleges which contains information on:

  • responsibilities of  further education colleges, sixth form colleges and 16-19 academies.
  • Equality Act 2010 
  • inclusion team

SEN support in colleges

Our page on SEN support in colleges provides information on:

  • what extra support can be provided
  • assess, plan, do, review cycle

What if I disagree with the support provided?

The first step would be to talk to the college.

SEND Information Advice and Support Service  provide a range of leaflets, including one on what to do if you do not agree with decisions about special educational needs provision.  They can also listen to your concerns and talk you through the options. This is a free, confidential and impartial service for parents, carers, children and young people.

Information on the disagreement resolution service including who can use the service, what it covers, and what happens at a dispute resolution meeting.

Back to top